Mushroom - Gloster Gauntlet (Orange Series) Alex Crawford # 8118
- B5, 80 pages (28 in colour)
- The Gloster Gauntlet was a British single-seat biplane fighter of the RAF, designed and built by the Gloster Aircraft Company in the 1930s.
- It was the last RAF fighter to have an open cockpit and its penultimate biplane fighter in service. It was also Britain's most successful and popular inter-war fighter aircraft. This book offers a complete and comprehensive history of the development and service of the plane, plus scale plans, photographs and drawings from pre-war technical manuals, scale plans, rare b+w period photographs, superb colour illustrations of camouflage and markings and walk-around colour photographs of the sole surviving examples.
- A rarely documented aspect of pre-World War II aviation history.
- Revised and expanded version of the material published in Bristol Bulldog & Gloster Gauntlet (August 2005, ISBN 978 838945 004 3).
- Essential reading for aviation enthusiasts & scale aero-modellers.
Brand:Mushroom Model Publications