Mark I Guide 1/144 Panavia Tornado Colours and Markings # 44011
- The Tornado variable-sweep wing combat aircraft was the result of a tri-national development and production programme, which was started in the late 1960s. Initially known as the MRCA, this aeroplane was designed to fulfil close air support, counter-air and naval strike and reconnaissance roles. Two main two-seat variants evolved, the IDS (Interdictor Strike, or bomber) and ADV (Air Defence Variant, or fighter), and the aircraft were supplied to the UK, West Germany, Italy and Saudi Arabia. With their manufacture shared among the former three countries, nearly 1,000 planes had been built by 1998.
- The publication has 28 pages, including a total of 49 overall and detailed photographs, 12 pages with colour camouflage schemes and their description. Text in English. A comprehensive decal sheet is added for modellers convenience.
- Three variants of this title are available, one including 1/48th scale decal sheet (MKD48011; 2x 200x200 mm sheets), one 1/72nd scale decals (MKD72011; 1x 200x170 mm sheet) and another with 1/144th transfers (MKD144011; 1x 150x100 mm sheet). Following aircraft are depicted on each decal sheet: Royal Air Force (4x), Luftwaffe (3x), Marineflieger (1x), Italian Air Force (3x) and
- Royal Saudi Air Force (1x).
- GR.1 ZA559/F 15(R) Sqn Lossiemouth 1990s;
- ZD748/AK 9(B) Sqn Bruggen 1980s;
- GR.4 ZA614/076 TEF Tornado Engineering Flight, Marham 2009;
- F.3 ZE736/F 1435 Flt Mt Pleasant 2008;
- IDS 45+03 DMTEU Luftwaffe 2007;
- 45+85 AG 51 Immelmann 2000s;
- 46+48 321 Sqn JBG 32 Luftwaffe 1999;
- 43+73 MFG 1 1980s; MM7047, 36-36 156th Sqn 36th Wing Italy 1990s;
- MM7054 50-40 155th Sqn 50th Wing Italy 2008;
- MM7232 36-10 12th FS; 36th Wing 2004;
- R Saudi Air Force 7506 75 Sqn; 11th FW. Dhahran 2007.
Brand:Mark I Guide