This invaluable, well-illustrated book is essential reading for all those who are interested in developing their modelling skills and creating realistic models of country houses, cottages and farm buildings for their railway layouts. The author encourages and inspires the reader and, moreover, emphasizes that railway modellers can achieve their objectives without purchasing expensive materials. Indeed, all the materials recommended in the book are either recycled or can be obtained quite cheaply.
Topics covered include:
• The materials and equipment required to build models
• Modelling methods and construction techniques
• Painting, weathering and finishing
• Creating a sympathetic setting for your models
• Improving kits and 'off-the-shelf' models