ADH Publishing - How to Build Tamiya's 1:48 Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I by Brett Green
- When Tamiya released their 1:32 scale Spitfire Mk.IXc in 2009, they set a new standard for plastic model kits. As one of the most popular subjects in the history of scale modelling, we should not be surprised to find that Tamiya has now released an all-new Spitfire kit in 1:48 scale.
- Tamiyas brand new 1:48 scale Spitfire Mk.I delivers innovative design, outstanding detail, an accurate outline and crisp, subtle surface textures.
- This model has nothing at all in common with their 1993 kit.
- Between these covers, we provide an exhaustive step-by-step illustrated guide to building Tamiyas 1:48 scale Spitfire Mk.I straight from the box plus tips on painting and weathering. Plenty of inspiration is offered with two different configurations plus a conversion to the Photo Reconnaissance version with models by Brett Green and Marcus Nicholls.
- Also included are a walkaround of a surviving Spitfire Mk.I, a summary of other Spitfire Mk.I model kits available in 1:48 scale, a list of available accessories and decals plus a catalogue of helpful references.